Touchstone OnyxXL 72" x 21.75" Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace (#80005)
*Comes with Black Frame, Remote Control, and optional heat from 5118 BTUs
The OnyxXL 80005 Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace is the big brother of Touchstone's industry leading Onyx wall-mounted electric fireplace.
The OnyxXL is a 72" wide electric fireplace featuring a stone-based electric flame, and it will immediately become the focal point of your living room, family room, basement or den.
- The largest Touchstone electric fireplace, at 72" wide
- Features unmatched realistic flames
- Can heat any room up to 400 square
- 2 heat settings (high and low)
- Heat comes from vent on top of unit
- 2 options- can operate with or without heat for only flame effect
- Mounting and installation is simple and hassle-free (wall mount brackets included)
- Plugs into a standard 120V outlet
- Remote control for heat and flame setting (batteries not included)
- Heat disable switch allows for recessing into wall
- Built in timer mode for shut off in 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- If mounting under a wall mounted flat panel TV, mount fireplace at least 24" below the bottom of the TV.
- Frame color: Black
- OnyxXL includes both log AND crystal options
- Fireplace dimensions: 72 in. x 5.65 in x 21.75 in
- Fireplace viewing dimensions: 58 in. x 8.75 in
- Weight: 70 pounds
The Onyx® now ships with both a log and crystal hearth option. When you received the Onyx, just choose if you want the realism of a log flameset or the modern look of a crystal flameset. To view the realistic flames of this unit check out the video link on this page. The Onyx® flames sit behind one tempered piece of glass and offer the illusion of a real fireplace without the hassle. The Onyx® heating options make this electric fireplace a versatile addition to your home. Thanks to the Onyx® ability to display flames while emitting heat or to display flames without the heating feature, you can also enjoy the calming flames all year round. In addition to its versatile heating settings, The Onyx® also offers 5 flame brightness settings giving you the ability to adjust the flames to your desired glow. The brightness options, which can be manipulated by the unit's remote, range from a dull ember glow to a full blaze. The Onyx® flames are so realistic, your electric fireplace will be mistaken for a real gas fire place.
Yes, it does heat your room
Offering both a high and low heat setting, which quickly add heat to a room up to 400 sq. ft. Please note the heater isn't designed to be the primary heat source in your room or home. Its designed to warm up a cool evening, or bring the temperature of a room up a few degrees. You will find that the heat and style of your electric fireplace combined with your home's primary heating will offer just the right amount of warmth and ambiance for a cozy atmosphere. You can control your electric fireplaces heat setting by using the units remote control or by simple using the control options on the side of the fireplace. The Onyx® also gives you the option of using the built in timer to control the heat settings so that you have the ability to time the fireplaces heat duration for up to 7.5 hours.
Heat Disable Switch
The Onyx® fireplace can be mounted to your wall or recessed into your wall thanks to this units heat disable switch. This switch allows you to recess your electric fireplace into your wall by deactivating its heat settings. With this switch, you can run the fireplaces flame settings without the heating features, perfect for customers who want the aesthetic appeal of a fireplace without the heat.